Brixton Windmill photography competition
You don’t need a great camera or years of practice to capture a great image – you just need to take a picture at the right moment.
We invite you to get out there with your camera, be it a mobile phone or a fancy DSLR, and get snapping to capture images that you think others would enjoy.
The competition is free to enter – so it could be you walking away with a high-quality print of your image.
Our windmill: We have a fantastic example of our shared history right in the heart of a world-famous city. Brixton Windmill is our heritage, and with your help it will be there for many years in the future. We would be delighted if you could capture something of what makes Brixton Windmill special to you.
Wildlife in the city: Our urban wildlife can be both charming and beautiful and is often a welcome sight among the tarmac and concrete of the city. It could be a hoverfly or maybe an oak tree – whatever wildlife catches your eye in our great city, capture the image and share it with us.
How to enter
- Entry is free.
- There are three age groups: 0-12 years, 13-19 years, and 20+.
- There is a limit of five images per entrant. JPEG, PNG and TIFF formats accepted.
- Maximum file size is 5MB. Winning entrants will be asked to submit the full size image for printing.
- Image manipulation is acceptable, although montages (where parts of separate images are composited together to form one image) are not encouraged.
- To enter, complete the entry form and email it with your images to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date is 11.59pm on 9 June.
- There will be six prizes in total: one for each age group and category. Only one prize per entrant, although commendations will be given where appropriate.
- Prizes will be awarded at the Windmill Festival 2013 at Windmill Gardens on 22 June 2013.
- Winners will receive a certificate and a print of their image (size will depend on the original image file size, format and quality).
- The competition is run by the Friends of Windmill Gardens (FoWG), and judging will be carried out by independent professional photographer and educator Rachel Wegh.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- The organisers reserve the right to remove images from the competition if they are deemed to be inappropriate or offensive.
- In the form of a limited licence for reproduction, entrants must consent to their submitted images being used for the promotional, publicity and fundraising activities by FoWG. Entrants retain full rights over their images. Credit will be given to the photographer where appropriate and when space allows.